Friday, December 08, 2006

Consistancy

One of the things I wonder about is my inconsistancy. How is it that I'm sometimes in such a good state, with juicy, rich, sensual, and colourful experiences, and some days I don't seem to have the capacity or even possibility of it seems far-fetched. Some days I can play music with presence and abandon, some days only rigidity and force. Some days the expericne of dancing is expanding, some days diminished.

Today was one of of the latter, and yesterday former. [is this sentence correct gramatically? can anyone tell me? does anyone know?]

So Why?
I suppose first I have to ask How?

How is it? It seems the main reason for all this is in the attention, in the duration and breadth of attention.
As you can see I'm not in peace. I ask How and answer with "the reason". This simple back and forth of thinking, leaving thoughts, actions, ideas incomplete and impatiently running around is one of the reasons. It's the experience and reality of being scattered.

You know food and sleep are quite possibly a factor. Usually if I've eaten well and slept just enough, I have a better day. Sometimes it's a matter of emotional state, loneliness, sadness, something happened, somebody didn't do what you required inside,...

-+ -+ -+ -+

Is it correct to say that a performer needs to have some control over this? Great atrists also have bad days, so how do you get a sense of daily grounding? what is there to do? Taichi? Yoga? Morning practice of eartraining? What do you do? you can write a comment if you want.

But again the daily practice needs consistancy. It shouldn't be like: "Oh I'm feeling scattered today. I don't feel like Yoga." well I suppose you don't know you are scattered yet. You just have a feeling, a laziness, you know. Anyhow!

--------

I had a violin lesson today. but i don't feel like writing about it. I have to go practice, Morninig concert tomorrow.

No comments:

Blog Archive