Saturday, April 07, 2007

Tonhenge

A few short lines about the opera I've been working for.

My friend Celine and I have been given the difficult responsibility of choreographing for 2 sections of the opera Tonhenge. We had the 1st choreography rehearsal today.

The first section entails 7 sets of rounds for the 5 singers, each of whom have a metal pole and these poles are to hit at precise times (indicated in the score) during the choreography while they take particular shapes and formations.

This is promissing to be a difficult process, not easy for the singers but as well a great learning experience. This is really my first time choreographing anything for others. This is to mark this beginning. Why not? I love it... Especially since it is tied directly with the music.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's the deal with Tonhenge? I'm a violinist and I noticed they are looking for musicians...

Kousha said...

oh,

An opera by one of the grad students at York. I suppose you could say this is "new music". Electronics and 'ethnic' sounds and without a plot and sort of a 'private' only one night performance.

So if you want to check it out let me know and I will ask for tickets for you from the composer.

Blog Archive