Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Hello again after 7 years!!

Much has happened, but much remains the same. I am perhaps still in-practice, but in different ways. Certainly not in the same intensity focusing on the violin. In this time, I have spent some years practicing the Alexander Technique, and was hoping to be a teacher of that system, and have continued music, but now practicing the teaching, and running a school. I still practice music, mostly now spend more of my personal time with kamanche (Persian fiddle), and also spend time arranging for my school's choir and string program and practice conducting the strings. I also enjoy giving presentations at my school's Listening Club on pieces of music, sometimes more theoretical, sometimes poetical, and I like to invite us to listen. 

On the side there I'm enjoying being a beginner at the ancient Chinese art of Taiji, and the Indian discipline of Iyengar Yoga. And then sometimes, I write words, which might resemble poetry... There you have it. 

In this journal (or blog) I hope to impart some of what encounter, to reflect freely, not as a teacher, not as a school director, or any of it. Maybe like older kid, with questions, dilemmas, fears, and I might get personal. I hope to do this journal fairly regularly as a way of keeping track, and as a way of getting certain things out there, or out of my system.

So, Here we go!!!

No comments:

Blog Archive