Monday, October 23, 2006

Too damn tired to write a coherent entry. I'm proud though somehow. I don't know what from today to share? Also that I've been keeping notes as I've gone along in the day. That's what I was talking about when I wondered if this was a practical thing to do or not, is there an interference? or could I think of it as reinforcement?

I've been trying to avoid the emotional in here and to focus on my personal university, but when something is such a significant part of my life, I might as well say it. I've broken up with my now-x-beloved, it has been a real mix-bag of emotions.

Ian and I talked a bit after the meeting today. (He had imagined I was a married man!) I said that I believed this was the right thing to do, despite of it I still felt the longing and the loneliness and the reminder of how and who I used to be before this relationship. It changes your whole life he said and I remember having written about the different pace of time's passage in my book.

I realize that I have made big mistakes and I believe that they were honest mistakes. But also I see what a truly special and nourishing and fun and youthful and amazing experience this was. An amazing ride!


افسوس
که فرصت کوتاه بود
و سفر جانکاه بود
اما یگانه بود
وهیچ چیز کم نداشت


Practice with Mike:

We wokrd on a piece "Here it is!" by Bill Douglass, it was very interesting to see how Mike practices. I've never liked to count out loud "1 e + a" and play. It was enough challenge to perform it in front of the other one, for him and for me.

I would like to try some of the counterpoint exercises that he has devised.


Speaking with Nazila:

We played a little bit in esfahan. I was nervous that I might not be in tune, but it was actually a case of mutual carefulness and hesitance but also places where she or I would go a bit wilder.

Then we spoke business! I wish I could see myself in that room, so on the edge, so careful and trying to say something that I knew I had to say. Disagree with and question what they were doing. I can't imagine having been articulate at all in that state of uncomfort, but luckily I think it went through. We agreed that I send them an email with my requests, ideas and suggestions, and later I thought I would ask to make and sign a contract (something I need to learn about anyway...). This meeting took a lot of energy.

Teaching:
Ben's mom asked to sit in the class and asked some were amazing questions about practicing. So we worked on one piece with some ideas of how to practice it. he's a smart guy, and it's good to have the mom in the class once in a while. It's also good to demonstrate and inspire the kids. Next I could do a fast fiddle tune for him and blow his mind. Here's a great performance opportunity.

---
Then was the meeting wich itself was another 2 or so hours. My poor body needs rest now.

No comments:

Blog Archive