Monday, December 25, 2006

and forward

I've had some more time these few days to practice the violin. I still must review my progress in the past 3 months, that is to say make my own report cards. Perhaps this is a good time of year for this.

But in terms of violin, I've gotten new strings and that makes a difference new strings are clearer and easier to play on. But the important factor is tone and healthy sound. The cat doesn't like this healthy tone and scratches her nails on the closet door, I let her out, and when I'm done she comes back home.

The relationship between the neck and the head and the hold of the violin is absolutely crucial, and more so in playing loud and strong. one must not give in to the slightest inclination to go downward or to press the violin down, and for me there is a habitual tendency in the thoracic vertebrae (upper back) to curve and face down. This is of extreme importance.

True this is much of what I'm interested in, what about sound? is that of secondary importance? Well no. They are of equal importance I think, and equally important is the attitude to work, and the attention and dedication (surrender).

Let us see how much forward I can go today.

and Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Blog Archive