Tuesday, December 26, 2006

.. .. ._ . ... . _.. ... _ _.

1 -I did a bit of recording last night and today and I'm glad I did it. So much escaps my ears when I play, and to capture the sound is a great help, thanks to Thomas Edisson, and Sony MD Recorder. There was one note that was out of tune (not only one of course, but this one was particular because it was at the begining). This note came in a passage twice, and always the second time it was sharper. Upon hearing it the first time, I aimed at playing it correctly the next times, and even thouhg it got better, it was still a bit too sharp, not the same as the first accurance. Now if someone told me that I would never ever believe this.

2 - There is a short video of Keith Jarret on Youtube, check it out if you haven't. After a conversation with Mike, I said to him: "In performance, I would be more than willing to give a lot of attention to dedicate myself to the music, to what is goin on, but I know I wouldn't do it in rehearsal. I would not be willing even to give it all during my practice, I would think this is wrong or something." There are some very interesting facts and observations about practice/performacne/play in FreePlay by Stephen Nachmanovitch. Stephanie where are you? I need my book back.

3- Yes I know, 2 things that have been postponed: the reportcards this is the end of December. I had originally said that this experiment will go on until December, and now it is time to decide. So We WILL BE BACK with more o those stories.

Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Blog Archive