Sunday, December 17, 2006

re: Pocket concerto: WHY?

I had a few minutes to watch the video. Despite the mistakes I was pleased in a way. I looked good which is always good!!

I was so so surprised to find the LeClair clearer and cleaner ?and with the same percentage of mistakes and recoveries than the Pocket concerto. Why is that

Does that speak to Alexander's principle of unrelaiability of sensory appreciation?
Or is it that I wasn't able to listen to the videos carefully? was the accompaniment a factor? the backing of chords the contrast in tone? Simplicity of LeClair and it's clarity, compared to my piece with it's ups and downs and dynamics...

Anyhow, it is interesting and puzzling. I can't really trust my reaction-judgement and reaction-feeling... one is always biased, and according to Alexander, one needs the help of an "objective method of monitoring".

No comments:

Blog Archive