Monday, February 12, 2007


I just want to post something now to say nothing special. I hope you are all well. I'm coming from baroque dance class. Bourree after Bourree after Bouree. It is fun!

I'm starting to get a sense of the larger scpoe of the composition of the dance. Like patterns on a Persian carpet, turning and twisting and approaching and missing and never touching the partner. at the same time not emotional or dramatic.

The nice thing is that it isn't vistuosic and that anyone can learn to do them.

On the way home I tried looking through the Viotti concerto on the bus. It is easy enough to be able to figure out the solfege and sing it. But I'm not good enough. Still~ It is so much more important to memorize (away from the instrument) and to play from the solfege from within. learn in musical chunks: First this, then this idea, then that and the same pattern but like this,.... and this is already one full page.

No comments:

Blog Archive